Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pangasinan Escapade Pt.2

OUR LADY OF MANAOG CHURCH – MANAOG, PANGASINAN


This would be one of my greatest experience this year. Since I’m a Catholic person, it is a fulfillment for me  to see and be here in this well-known pilgrimage in the Philippines.  In every church that I came on, I prayed and talked to God all things I am taking now. Church are my place where I can feel the solemnity. Where I can speak out what’s on my mind and what I feel.

Petitions and Thanksgiving Letter from Devotees.














One of the best thing you can do while you are in this place is to feel the holyness surrounding the place.  The church was just like typical churches here in Manila like Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Baclaran, Parañaque and Quiapo Church in Manila. A lot of retail store was surrounded in Our Lady of Manaog. They also sell rosary, prayer booklet and other stuffs. You can also visit their museum which you can see different things used by previous diocese leaders even their personal belongings.









 And at the back of the church, there was a small but beautiful garden with koi fish pond. It also had a station of the cross statues for devotees.

I didn't get a chance to take some photos on candle lightning prayer or I guess I must say CandleVigil and Prayer area. You have to pay for minimum amount for candles from small sizes up to bigger and special candles. And oh, before I close my shared experience here in Manaog, they also give blessing rituals to all cars and other vehicles. They made a schedule for that, Saturdays or Sundays?hmm..I'm not quite sure about it. I bought some rosaries and key chains for my family. It priced like what we have here in Manila. But, the thing I bought for my self is a mini statue of Our Lady of Manaog. And it only cost me to pay for only 50php!Good buy right?And very helpful for my religious dedication.

I'll come back here. Whether it's far or so tiring to get here, I still wanted to come back. And it's a promise.




CALASIAO CHURCH and CALASIAO TEMPORARY PUBLIC MARKET- Calasiao, Pangasinan

Inside the Church, there is a wedding ceremony held while taking this photo.

After we take a short tour on Manaog, We headed back to Calasiao. Not to rest but get some lunch and also to continue our trip here in Pangasinan. We had our lunch in Pizza Hut-Nepo Mall. Their Meatballs Spaghetti was not good as I expected. It taste awful. I've tasted a lot of Meatballs Spaghetti. But this varient was not in my taste bud. Anyway, as we continue our "pamamasyal " being a "bakasyonistas", we go now to Calasiao to buy Puto Calasiao for "pasalubongs" which are very familiar and popular delicacies in this place.


When we came here last year, I never got a chance to see this church ( where in a hurry that time! ). Or maybe because we directly came to Calasiao Market. A quick trivia to give, this church was built since 1930's. And it's now under reconstruction. Since it's my first time to lay my feet here, I was so amazed by this church. Oh my, I'm home!I feel so relax while seeing the place. This is one of a good spot for wedding ceremonies. I prayed for a moment before we buy pasalubongs.



I really wanted to have quality photos, but I can't! (so bad). I may not be a photographer, but I can put good story behind it.

This would be our last day and trip here in Pangasinan. But before we come back in Manila, I don't want to miss a chance to bought this Puto Calasiao!!!(I'm so hooked up on this after my first time to taste this fluffy like little food).




I've known this food when I was watching way, way, way back 2000 in a local TV program. I eaten a lot of Puto but this one is so interesting to taste. They also had different colors of Puto but with same taste and flavor ( nothing so special for that). They also sell delicacies like Panutsa, Macapuno (It don't taste good!), Ube Halaya ( one of our favorite, but they don't have it na!huhuhu ) and other local delicacies that you may see here in Manila. Puto Calasiao cost 80php/kilo. And I bought 2 kilos! (was that horrible?hehehe). My siblings also wanted this that's why I bought a lot.

So, this is it!This would be the end of my Pangasinan trip!See you on my next blog, Bye!! :-)


Lovelots,

Derp :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment